Director of Partnerships & Referrals - Shipware, LLC (San Diego, CA or Remote)
An Exciting Goal!
We are seeking highly motivated and competitive Director of Partnerships & Referrals to join our team who is experienced in growing sales through strategic partnerships with other synergistic companies or individuals that wish to expand their portfolio of services to their customer base.
This is a salaried position with uncapped commissions that requires a successful track record of prospecting and partnering with outside companies to successfully grow sales through affiliate channels. A winner must be able to execute both strategically & tactically.
Shipware's passion is to utilize experience, IP & technology to help high volume shippers keep quality while saving money. Our tagline is Shipping Expertise / Savings Delivered.
18 years of success & industry leadership earning 2018 INC 5000 and SDBJ Fastest Growing honors.
Ownership has invested millions in technology, staff, new office space, process improvement & marketing. We are committed to being named as one of the Greatest Places to Work in San Diego.
The Challenges You Will Face:
The market is maturing, with many competitors. This can be a long sales cycle with many constituents. Shipware is a high-end consultancy, we must get in front of the buyers. You need to understand the industry, the buyer, the many potential synergistic companies and prioritize your valuable time for best outcome.
Your biggest competition is the buyer doing nothing or trying to do it themselves.
You will need to engage TOMA (top of mind marketing) to stay connected and in relationship with partners. You will need to train them, support them, and incent them. Create a fun and effective culture of success.
What it Takes for You to WIN:
If you are extroverted, love people, can network, communicate well, and have a high attention to detail - this may be for you.
You will need to both market & sell.
The candidate we seek needs to be able to sell partnerships at the C-suite, but also sell it with the account executives that will be presenting our solutions to their customers and prospects. The candidate must be skilled at relationship building and asking the right questions to get to each buyer’s why. If you can find out PERSONAL WINS, you will win.
Shipware helps high volume shippers reduce Parcel and LTL costs by 10-30%. We find that many shippers are at disadvantage when it comes to negotiating carrier contracts due to complex pricing and not having access to comparative programs. Shipware's primary focus is to ensure its clients stop overpaying by utilizing industry specific negotiating techniques, pricing expertise across all modes, sophisticated analytical and benchmarking tools, and the industry's most comprehensive audit software.
What you get with Shipware as a Director of Partnerships & Referrals:
- Competitive salary depending on experience, book and network.
- Uncapped commissions (!)
- Health Benefits
- Entertainment budget and expense reimbursement
- 401k (and corporate match)
- Profit sharing
- Private company strength and flexibility; we are debt free and highly profitable
- Our commitment to your training and career development
- 17 years of company excellence and a sterling reputation
- A values-driven company with a “Work Hard/Play Hard” culture. Winning is coveted and highly rewarded.
- Generate new business through prospecting, acquiring, and developing strategic partnerships
- Develop and maintain accounts using a systematic method of sales skills and techniques (Example: Strategic Selling/Sandler Sales Training) helping our partners generate new business opportunities for Shipware
- Negotiate commission structures and agreements with new strategic partners
- Train and coach partners to sell Shipware services
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with customers on behalf of our strategic partners to ensure maximum profitability
- Make persuasive group presentations
- Manage multiple projects and partners
- Commitment to customer service with a sense of urgency
- Oversee the sales process to attract new partner.
- Work with senior team members to identify and manage risks.
- Maintain fruitful relationships with existing partners and address their needs effectively.
- Research and identify new market opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver pitches to existing and potential partners.
- Foster a collaborative environment within the organization.
- Work with sales and marketing to develop ongoing marketing campaigns with partners to present Shipware as an industry leader.
- Establish, educate and publish measures of success for each partner and discuss status on a defined cadence
- Evaluate all partner agreements and contracts and standardize to ensure Shipware is optimizing revenue potential
- Continue knowledge sharing sessions with functions and continue to attend training and tradeshows as needed to improve partnership relationships and achieve revenue goals
Qualifications & Experience:
- MUST BE ADEPT AT DETERMINING BUYER'S PERSONAL WINS
- Track record of success in securing and growing strategic partnerships in one of the following models: Independent Contractors, Agencies, Franchises, Channel Sales, Affiliate Partnerships, Strategic Alliances, etc.
- Highly motivated with strong competitive drive
- Knowledge base and relationships with shippers, 3PL's, freight forwarders, parcel automation, packaging, carriers, and other industry related services is a plus
- Strong network of logistics professionals is a plus
- Work independently with a strong work ethic
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to develop good relationships with current and potential partners.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Experience in project management and/or sales.
- Work within a team environment
- Excellent phone communication and presentation skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Knowledge of productivity tools and software.
- High attention to detail and a focus on fact-based decision making
- Never be satisfied with the size of their current pipeline
- Want to earn more each year by closing new strategic partnerships
- Be committed to a comprehensive prospecting plan
- Demonstrate the ability to work according to Shipware's core values: integrity, entrepreneurial, forward thinking, outperform, trust & respect, work hard & play hard
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Three plus years of business development experience in landing new business through partner channels
- Successful, proven sales track record
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess strong analytical, strategic selling and creative thinking skills
- Must be able to effectively use a CRM system. We use Salesforce.
Travel up to 50%
Do you think you can contribute to Shipware’s success but don’t see the job opening listed? We want to hear from you.
Audit Support Clerk
Shipware, LLC (San Diego, CA)
We are seeking an Audit Support Clerk to join our team. This person will work closely with client services.
Shipware helps high volume shippers reduce Parcel and LTL costs by 10-30%. We find that many shippers are at disadvantage when it comes to negotiating carrier contracts due to complex pricing and not having access to comparative programs. Shipware’s primary focus is to ensure its clients stop overpaying by utilizing industry specific negotiating techniques, pricing expertise across all modes, sophisticated analytical and benchmarking tools, and the industry’s most comprehensive audit software.
What you get with Shipware, as an Audit Support Clerk:
- Great Company culture
- Work hard, play hard mentality
- Fully stocked break-room
- Private company strength and flexibility
- Over 15 years of company excellence and a sterling reputation
- Help with day to day business processes
- Some client communication
- Must be willing to take charge of miscellaneous administrative tasks as needed
- Data entry
- Manage recurring refund recovery tasks
- Invoice downloads
- Weekly and monthly client reporting
- Voids processing
Qualifications and Experience:
- Some college education
- Minimum of two years of experience in office environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Data entry and some data analysis a plus
- Some SQL knowledge a plus
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter who can be productive and make progress while working independently and within a team
- Flexibility – be part of a small company. Support changing objectives, client needs and workload.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.50 to $16.50 /hour